This post opens the “what you can do with a cat” series, which is going to run here, at All Tips And Tricks, over the next few days. Since I’ve got myself a cute, little kitten, I started to look deeper into pet care and training. I did not succeed to train her on anything yet, but she trained me on toy throwing and hide-and-seek.
Today’s lesson is about washing your cat, and it is illustrated by a demo video. In case you don’t have time to watch it, you can read below the 13 steps to safely wash your cat.
- Dress for the occasion
- Use glass enclosure
- Have supplies in bathtub beforehand
- Draw water a little warmer than needed
- Find your cat
- Speed is essential
- Field the cat’s body
- Rub vigorously
- Only attempt lather and rinse process three times
- Dry the cat
- Wrap the towel around the cat
- Be sure the cat is firmly wrapped in towel before opening bathtub enclosure
- In two hours it will be safe to exit the bathroom
Skipping any of those steps may result in injuries and damage. Make sure you use special cat shampoo, because the human ones are not suitable. As an additional advice, which does not show in the video, put a rubber mat on the bathtub floor, so the cat has something to hang on.
Good luck, and send me pictures with your clean cat!