Last Updated on April 20, 2020
The first place that comes to mind is the iTunes iBookstore. Another place is myPadMedia, an eBook downloading membership site. Their collection seems to be really big, with more than 30,000 titles. New books are added every week. All bestsellers are available, from the Harry Potter series to Obama’s new book or Oprah’s biography. Eva Longoria’s cookbook is also on the list.
It’s cool to be able to load your iPad with lots of books before going on a long travel by train, for example. It’s also great to be able to have your favorite newspaper delivered straight to your iPad.
Beware, if you want to take a look at their website, better have the volume either turned off or low, because there’s a voice which starts automatically.
What you get as myPadMedia member:
- Free access to a library of over 30,000 titles, containing novels, newspapers, comic books, children’s books, business books, romance etc.
- Fast downloads, directly on your iPad
- No pay-per-download fees
- Unlimited downloads, no restrictions
- Free 24/7 technical support
Types of iPad books available on myPadMedia:
- Comic books: superhero, manga, anime, action.
- Newspapers: The Wall Street Journal, The Chicago Tibune, The Washington Post, The LA Tribune, The New York Times, USA Today and other popular newspapers
The service works with both iPad and iPad 2, as well as with smaller Apple devices such as iPod Touch and iPhone. It also works with the Samsung Galaxy Tab, with Amazon’s Kindle and with Barnes & Noble Nook.
You can become a myPadMedia member for a one time payment of $49,95. There are no recurring monthly fees after that.
I find it a bit frustrating that there’s no list of available books. However, the content is searchable and there are some list of bestsellers. If you don’t find what you want, you can take advantage of the 60 day money-back guarantee.