Last Updated on April 20, 2020
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on such a link, I am compensated with a commission in case you decide to buy something from the vendor’s website. My website is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.
June 2012 update:
Promotion: Get $100 off full courses
Start Date: Now
End Date: For a limited time
Code: No code needed, just click on the link below
How would you like to learn photography tricks from an expert for a fraction of the regular price? I don’t know how good photographer you are, but speaking from my experience, a stunning picture takes more than an expensive camera. My problems are the following: wrong focus, improper exposure, dull landscapes and many others which I can’t even name. I imagine some of them are easy to fix, if you know what to do. DSLR cameras have so many settings! It feels like one needs a lifetime to learn what does what.
I just ran into an opportunity that will interest you: the Learn & Master Photography interactive course on DVD is available for $119. The offer is valid until May 16th. After that, the price will go back to $249. The course contains 15 DVDs, two sample photo CDs and a lesson book, plus free access to the student support website. If you want it, you better take advantage of this week’s offer and save $130.
June 16th update: There’s a 40% discount offer ongoing these days, so you can have the course for $149.
Main topics covered in Learn & Master Photography:
- Aperture, shutter speed and ISO settings
- Color, light, and design techniques
- Capturing motion and action in photos
- Understanding composition, or how to arrange elements to create symmetry, order and balance in photos
- Post-production, or how to improve your photos using computer software
- Shooting on location
- Shooting in the studio
- Setting up photo studio lighting
- Video Instruction: the 15 DVDs contain 24 sessions on topics like indoor photography, outdoor photography, shooting soft, warm skin tones, shooting pets or children.
- Lesson Book: the book contains illustrated photo techniques and other information on assignments in the video sessions. It also includes a glossary of photography-specific terms, so you can quickly check them out in case you forget what ISO, or aperture, or anything else is.
- Practice Photos: the 2 CDs containing high-resolution images will help you practice post-production techniques explained in the lessons.
- Student Support: the forum is excellent for getting your questions answered. It is a great way to get in touch with other students, discuss photography techniques and help each other.
I didn’t buy this course yet, but I’m familiar with the Learn & Master series of interactive courses from Legacy Learning Systems. They are all excellent, from Learn & Master Guitar to Learn & Master Ballroom Dance or Learn & Master Painting. I bet this one is at the same quality level. Anyway, if you bought Learn & Master Photography and you aren’t pleased with it, you can return it within 60 days and get a full refund of the purchase price.