Isn’t it difficult these days to choose the most appropriate cleaning products? Tips and tricks written on all kind of detergent boxes, minutes after minutes of advertising for various cleaners for all purposes, promotions and coupons… you get lost in choices, even for tasks as simple as washing the laundry. I experienced many of them, and now I want to share with you the most useful 10 cleaning products tips and tricks I discovered and worked great, making me save money and time.
- Dirty shirt collars can be cleaned easily if before putting the shirt in the washing machine, you rub the collar with a sponge soaked in dishwashing detergent.
- Using half of the recommended dose of detergent in automatic washing machines has the same effect on the clothes as using the full quantity, if clothes are not extremely dirty.
- Small scratches on glass can be removed using toothpaste
- Silver jewellery also gets clean if rubbed with a toothbrush and toothpaste
- Spraying furniture polish on the dust mop makes it easier to collect the dust
- If you have hard to clean ashtrays, you can spray a little bit of furniture polish on them. This will make ashes not stick and dump easily
- Wax spots on carpets can be removed by placing some thin paper above them and then ironing the paper surface. The wax will stick to the paper.
- In case of naughty pets, you can get rid of urine stains by using some diluted dishwashing detergent.
- Mildew in bathrooms goes away by using a solution of bleach and water (1 cup chlorine bleach to 5 cups hot water). Bleach not only cleans, but also disinfects.
- Combs and hair brushes can be very well cleaned with shampoo, by soaking them, then scrubbing until clean.
There are probably many more tips and tricks on household cleaning. I’ll update the list when I’ll discover new ones worth trying.