Last Updated on April 20, 2020
If you are involved in a lot of internet activities, like social media or running blogs, you may need to have multiple email accounts. While both Mozilla Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook allow receiving messages from multiple POP3 email accounts in the same inbox, not all web-based email services offer this possibility. GMail does, but Yahoo doesn’t, as far as I know.
Recently, this feature has become available for Yahoo email accounts, thanks to Zimbra, a Yahoo company which deals with in open source, next-generation messaging and collaboration software. They have launched Zimbra Desktop, a desktop application which allows people to gather all their email accounts in one place.
Zimbra Desktop Key Features
- Operating systems compatibility: Windows, Apple, or Linux desktop computers
- Applications: email, contacts agenda, and calendar all in one application
- Account Wizard facility: set up Zimbra, Yahoo! Mail Plus, AOL and Gmail email accounts without having to know technical issues
- Other types of email accounts that can be added: any POP or IMAP email account
- Email storage space: unlimited
- Accessibility: both online and offline
Should you be interested in trying this desktop application which is currently in Beta, you can discover more advanced features and download it for free. Support is offered via Zimbra applications dedicated discussion forums.