Anyway, after a sleepless night and a refreshing morning nap, I am convinced a memory foam mattress is a must-have for anybody who cares about a good night rest. I found the Sleep Innovations 12-inch Sure Temp Memory Foam Mattress on Amazon. It is my best finding in terms of quality versus price. There’s a great promotion for this mattress on Amazon: the Queen size one costs $386 instead of the original price of $599. This is 36% discount or $213 in savings. The other sizes are also heavily discounted. It’s worth taking a look, if you want a cheap and good memory foam mattress. Click here if you really want this mattress. Keep on reading, if you’re not sure yet.
Sleep Innovations 12-inch Sure Temp vs. other memory foam mattressesThe main benefit of memory foam mattresses is that they mold to the shape of the body, thus putting less pressure on blood vessels and tissues. Many users reported a decrease in their back pain and morning stiffness after sleeping on such a mattress for a while. The molding occurs either as consequence of the body heat or of the applied pressure. Sleep Innovations 12-inch Sure Temp Memory Foam Mattress has a temperature-sensitive top layer which uses open-cell technology. This means it dissipates heat effectively, allowing your body to stay at a comfortable temperature all night long. I like this ventilation feature, made possible by the open-cell technology. It’s very important to me that I don’t get too hot during sleep.
The base layer of this mattress is made from premium foam and it supports the body, providing excellent comfort during sleep. Reduced pressure points will provide less tossing and turning. Motion transfer between partners is also reduced. This is great. I’ve heard so many people complaining they wake up each time their partner turns in bed in their sleep.
The two layers of the mattress are wrapped up in a circular-knit cover with recovering elasticity. This cover allows the mattress to behave as a whole when molding to the body shape.
One thing I slightly worry about is the smell. I read that memory foam mattresses have a specific smell that can be hard to get rid of. Looking through user reviews on Amazon, I found out I don’t need to worry because the Sleep Innovations mattress doesn’t smell that bad:
Surprisingly the mattress never had much of an odor at all. If I stuck my nose right on top of it had a slight odor that was similar to finger paints, but outside of that it didn’t give off a strong scent, and the finger paint smell disappeared over the course of a day.
Sleep Innovations 12-inch memory foam mattress features
- The memory foam is naturally antimicrobian and resistant to dust mites, which makes it great for allergic people
- The circular-knit mattress cover is soft and supporting
- The mattress has a fire retardant barrier built-in
- The memory foam is made in the USA; the manufacturing process is environmentally friendly
- Mattress dimensions: 39 inches x 75 inches x 12 inches (for Queen size beds)
- It ships tightly compressed. It fully expands in 48 hours, so be sure you allow it this time before using it
What other users say about the Sleep Innovations 12-inch memory foam mattress
This is from somebody who used the mattress for a few weeks before posting:
– If you like firm mattresses, this offers great support. I notice my back is less stiff in the morning.
– Not hot. The most common complaint for memory foams is that they get hot in warmer temps. No such problem with this one.
– Naturally resistant to dust mites, great for those allergic to normal fillings.
– No issue with smell.
– I’m used to the softness of memory foam toppers which are cushier. I was surprised at how much more dense and firm this is. If you don’t like firm mattresses, this will be a problem. Though it might be overkill, I’m considering putting on a mattress topper for a cushier feel.
– Comes with a mattress cover which supposedly can’t be taken off, so you might need to put on a mattress pad if you want a washable, protective layer.
This is from an old, sick lady:
This mattress takes care of all my hesitations about having a memory foam mattress. The top 3″ layer allows for air circulation so I don’t get overheated – check. It’s hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites (no more itching) – check. My achy joints sink right in and feel like they’re surrounded by a cloud – no, seriously, it’s true. No more restless nights tossing and turning because of the pain – check.
This is from somebody who only slept on spring mattresses before:
What I love most is the support it provides. When I lie on my back, my derrière sinks into the mattress and my lower back feels amazingly supported. I can lie on my side and have my spine aligned without creating a painful pressure point on my hip.
This last one is an excerpt from a very detailed review:
Sleeping in this mattress is a pure delight. It is firm when you first lay on it, but then you gently sink in as it cradles you with a very soft foam. With my old spring mattress, I woke up every morning with aches in my back.
You can read more or buy the Sleep Innovations 12-inch memory foam mattress on Amazon. With the current promotion, it’s much cheaper than everything similar I’ve seen in stores.